Awnings are a great way to provide shade and a decorative finish to any outdoor space. For example you could get a patio awning for your patio, porch or deck. Especially with the increasing rise in temperatures, shade awnings are becoming an essential in order to entertain or relax outdoors, as without them the heat of the direct sunlight can become unbearable. In addition to this, they also protect you from harmful sun rays and allow you to be outdoors in rainy weather.
There are different types of awnings available, for commercial or residential purposes, or based on the use and style you require. It is important that you shop around, ask a manufacturer for information, and research the different types of available awnings, in order to ensure your needs are met and you are happy with your ultimate decision.
Types of Awnings
In order to help you extend your knowledge of awnings and help you to make an informed decision of a type of awning to choose, some of the different types of awnings will be discussed below.
- Deluxe awnings. These are more advanced than retractable awnings. They are motorized to give you quick, easy touch control, with a switch or remote control, over what you want your awning to do. In addition to this, a heat and light sensor option is available.
- Retractable awnings. A retractable awning is the most user-ready type of awning available, as it enables you to easily retract the awning when you don’t need it. In addition to this, it can be tilted by up to 45 degrees, which helps in controlling the amount of sunlight or rain that enters the covered area. This is the type of awning to choose if you want control over the amount of cover you will get. They are available in different styles and colours, depending on what you prefer. They are easy and quick to install, as well as have removed, and are a popular as a patio awnings choice.
- Stationary awnings. You are not able to move or retract these awnings, and they remain in the fixed position they are installed in. They provide good protection from the sun and rain, however they do take up quite a bit of space.
- Fabric / Canvas awnings: These are used mostly for their decorative effects than their functional purposes. While they do provide shade, they provide less protection from rain and sunlight than other awning types. They are available in a variety of colours, shapes, sizes and designs, giving you a wide range of custom choices. Some companies allow you to completely design your own, and your canvas awning is made according to your personal preferences and requirements. Lastly, canvas awnings last up to ten years and are not very expensive.
- Metal / Aluminium awnings. There are three main types of awnings made from metal or aluminium, namely the louvered, stationary and door hoods/canopies awning options. They are designed for their high functionality and durability more than their decorative effects.
- Copper awnings. Copper is used in construction because of its durability and sturdiness, and therefore an awning made from copper has a lifespan of 20 to 30 years. This makes copper awnings beneficial to you in the present and future, as you can use it as a selling point when selling your home. They are however, slightly more expensive than some other awning options available, but you will most likely spend less in the long term on the upkeep of your copper awning.
Buying Your Awning
QC Blinds can offer you expert advice on selecting a quality awning that will best meet your needs. We are a professional company in the blinds and awnings industry, and will supply you with professional service that will definitely impress you. Contact us today for more information, or get a online quote or obligation-free advice. Whether you need or blinds, QC Blinds can give you a great, professional deal!